An e-newsletter from Chippewa Middle School
CHIPPEWA'S WELCOME BACK DAY - 2019/2020
Thursday, August 22nd
Chippewa will be hosting a “Welcome Back Day” for all parents and students on Thursday, August 22nd from 2-7pm. Teachers will be available to meet from 4-7 pm in their classrooms. This is also picture day!
Chippewa’s Welcome Back mailing was sent out last week. The following forms in this mailing must accompany your student on Welcome Back Day in order to receive their class schedule and locker information:
- Student Health Profile Form (health/emergency): The Yellow Form in your Welcome Back Day mailing. Please correct any changes to this form or check the box at the top of the page to indicate no changes needed.
- Expectations, Technology, & Bus Safety Form: The Blue Form in your Welcome Back Mailing. Please read and sign with your student.
Picture Day - Thursday, August 22nd
PHYSICAL EDUCATION UNIFORMS AND CHIP SPIRIT WEAR
Chippewa PE shirts from Imaging World will be on display and available for purchase using cash or check at our Welcome Back Night. Pick up a Chippewa Chargers Shirt for $10. The Charger shirt is an optional purchase for PE, however students are required to change into a red shirt and blue or black shorts. This shirt along with other Chip Gear can be purchased throughout the year on our online store.
ChAC - CHIPPEWA ADVISORY COUNCIL
Cafeteria Volunteers Needed!
MIDDLE SCHOOL CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- If you are unable to attend Welcome Back Day on August 22nd you can drop off all forms starting August 23rd in the front office to receive your student's schedule. Please do not turn forms in early.
- Picture retake will be Friday, September 27th for all students that are unable to make it to Welcome Back Day.
- First day for incoming 6th graders is Tuesday, September 3rd.
- First day for 7th and 8th grade students is Wednesday, September 4th.
- Success in school is dependent on being in school every day. If your student needs to absent please call 651-621-6401. Please leave a detailed message with students name and reason for absence.
CHIPPEWA MUSICAL 2019 - DATE CHANGE!
Charger Yearbook - 2019/2020 - Order starting August 16th!
HEALTH OFFICE REMINDERS
Does your student take medication, have a chronic condition, or have other health needs that will impact his or her school day? Stop by the Health Office booth at Back to School Night to drop off medications, necessary forms, or ask questions you have for Health Service staff! If you have questions to ask before then, please feel free to contact Alana Schmiesing, Licensed School Nurse at email@example.com.
Reminder that we need updated orders from the prescribing healthcare provider for any prescribed medications needed at school on a scheduled, emergency, or as needed basis. Medications brought to school must be in their original container with a current pharmacy label attached. Need an extra bottle? Ask at the pharmacy at your next refill! Below are links to frequently used forms. Clinics can fax medication orders directly to Chippewa at fax # 651-621-6405.
- Prescription Medication Authorization Form
- Parent Authorization Form for Over the Counter Medications
- Severe Allergy Medication Authorization Form
- Severe Allergy Parent Information Form
- Asthma Action Plan
7th Grade Immunizations
Please be sure your 7th grader's immunizations are up-to-date with a Tdap booster and a Meningococcal immunization! Students who were enrolled at Chippewa in 6th grade and in need of immunizations received a letter with information specific to your student at the end of 2018/19 school year. This information will be required for your student to receive his or her class schedule. Please submit the needed immunization information to Chippewa's Health Office by August 22nd. For further information regarding these requirements, or to document a Conscientious or Medical Exemption, follow the below:
Bus passes will be mailed out by the end of August. Please NOTE that the Transportation Department will not address change requests between the dates of September 3rd and September 18th . Priority will be given to safety issues. Transportation forms and information can be found by clicking here.
Main Office: 651-621-6400
5000 Hodgson Road
North Oaks, MN 55126